Ready for your free case evaluation? Contact our Hilton Head Island, SC car accident injury law firm today at 1-800-996-0683 or 1-843-474-0614 (Must Dial “1” First).
Hilton Head Island Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can be sudden and often life changing events, but are quite frequent on South Carolina roads. Many of these car accidents result in:
- Damage to property (such as cars that were damaged or totaled)
- Minor injuries to occupants, such as cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Serious or catastrophic injuries, such as spine and neck injuries and traumatic brain injuries
A car accident can quickly turn your and your family’s lives upside down. While you struggle to recover from the physical and emotional pain of a car accident, you may be faced with expensive bills and a reduced income caused by an inability to work.
Let Hilton Head Island car accident lawyer Dustin Lee of Lee Law Firm, LLC help you recover monetary damages from the person that caused the car accident. These “damages” can help you pay for your bills and expenses, leaving you free to focus on your recovery.
Causes of South Carolina Car Accidents
While a car accident can happen at any time, even under ideal driving conditions, there are certain factors and circumstances that contribute to the majority of South Carolina car accidents. These include:
- Distracted driving: This includes texting while driving, speaking with other occupants of the car, attempting to locate an item that fell on the floor while driving, or any other activity that takes the driver’s eyes and/or attention off of the road
- Impaired driving: Drivers who consume alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances experience a reduction in their ability to react to traffic conditions and an impairment of their judgment
- Disobeying traffic rules and control devices: Drivers who are in a hurry (such as “tailgaters”) or who are not paying attention can drive their vehicles too fast or carelessly for the prevailing road conditions or can ignore control devices telling them to stop or yield (for example). This can cause a collision with other drivers who are obeying the law and driving responsibly
Determining how a car accident occurred is important to assigning fault for your car accident. Car accidents caused by the careless actions of another can result in you being awarded financial compensation for your injuries and expenses.
How Do I Obtain Compensation After a Car Crash?
Bringing a car accident lawsuit in South Carolina can result in you being awarded monetary damages. You obtain financial compensation when you either settle your case with the at-fault party for a specific sum of money or when you prove the following factual propositions to a judge or jury:
- The defendant owed you a “duty of care” requiring him or her to operate his or her car or vehicle in a reasonably safe and careful manner
- The defendant breached this duty of care by instead operating his or her vehicle in a careless or negligent manner
- The defendant’s careless actions caused you or your loved one injury or death
- You sustained injuries or losses that can be compensated through a monetary award
Ready for your free case evaluation? Contact my Hilton Head Island, SC personal injury law firm today at 1-800-996-0683.
We at Lee Law Firm, LLC are here to help you and your family following a South Carolina car crash. Contact our team and experienced car accident attorney in Bluffton SC right away at 1-800-996-0683 for assistance after a car accident.
Lee Law Firm, LLC serves accident and injury victims throughout the state of South Carolina, including Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Okatie, Hardeeville, Ridgeland, Beaufort, and Walterboro.
Attorney Advertising. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision. The information you obtain in this website is not, nor is it intended to be legal advice. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. You should contact an attorney for individual advice regarding your situation. Dustin Lee, Esquire, is a licensed South Carolina attorney with a primary office on Hilton Head Island at 37 New Orleans Road, Suite V (Orleans Plaza).
Office Information: Our primary office location is 37 New Orleans Road, Suite V, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 29928. We are located in Orleans Plaza on the South End of Hilton Head Island, near the Sea Pines Circle, on the second floor. I am able to meet with clients and handle injury and accident cases throughout the state of South Carolina. Additional contact information is available on the Contact Us link on this website. Dustin Lee, Esq.
Free Case Evaluation for Injury and Accident Cases – 1-800-996-0683