South Carolina Lowcountry Criminal Law Practice Areas
Ready for your initial consultation? Contact our Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, DUI, Domestic Violence, and criminal defense law firm today at 1-800-996-0683 or 1-843-474-0614.
Dedicated Lawyer for DUI/DUAC, Domestic Violence (D.V.), and Criminal Law Clients in Hilton Head Island and Across South Carolina’s Lowcountry
Whether you live in Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Beaufort, Charleston, Walterboro, or Ridgeland, or even outside of the state but are facing charges from a visit to or incident in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, criminal law issues can take a physical and emotional toll on you. Our job is to take that stress away and ensure that you are competently, zealously, and professionally represented through the legal process. Lee Law Firm, LLC seeks to provide professional, compassionate service for clients in these key areas:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) – 1st Offense: The DUI laws in South Carolina are complex and highly technical, while the direct and collateral consequences of a conviction can be severe. We routinely help clients charged with DUI – 1st offense navigate the complexities of South Carolina’s criminal court system.
- Driving with an Unlawful Alcohol Concentration (DUAC) – 1st Offense: Think of this offense as an extremely close relative of DUI. Basically, if you “blew” into a machine and registered above a certain level, the State of South Carolina may be able to charge you under this offense heading instead of DUI.
- Domestic Violence (All Degrees): Until June of 2015, this offense was labeled or “called” “Criminal Domestic Violence”. In 2015, the name of the offense was changed to “Domestic Violence”, the potential penalties were stiffened (especially as to jail and/or prison time), degrees (levels of the offense depending on the alleged facts) were added, and the ability to move even the lowest degree offense to General Sessions Court was introduced. A conviction can lead to substantial “time behind bars”, as well as Federal and State level weapons prohibitions, hefty fines, and immense collateral consequences. We assist those charged with all degrees of Domestic Violence throughout South Carolina.
- Initial Bond Hearings: Initial bond hearings can be a crucial time in cases, and an experienced attorney can often assist in getting a lower ordered bond amount or a Release on Recognizance bond issued.
- Summary Court Level Offenses: The firm represents individuals charged with all misdemeanor offenses (ex: simple possession of marijuana, shoplifting, etc.) in Municipal and Magistrate Courts throughout the State of South Carolina.
- General Sessions Offenses: The firm has experience handling more serious misdemeanor offenses that are brought in General Sessions Court (“big Court”) up to and including felony offenses that could yield life imprisonment. If you or a loved one are facing charges in General Sessions Court, having an attorney is often a bond condition, and is generally considered a “no brainer”. Charges in this level of Court are of a more serious nature and generally can lead to substantially more jail or prison time than those brought in South Carolina’s Summary Courts.
- Expungements: We assist clients seeking to have an eligible offense expunged from his or her record. This generally involves two parts: a consultation to determine potential eligibility for expungement of the offense, and then beginning the expungement process itself.
- Speeding Tickets: We have extensive experience representing South Carolina residents, and residents of other states, dealing with speeding and other such traffic offenses.
Before Making a Statement of ANY kind to Law Enforcement, Attending Any Hearings, or Pleading Guilty, Contact Our Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, based DUI, Domestic Violence, and Criminal Law Defense Law Firm
Every day we work toward achieving the best possible results for our clients. The moment you walk into our office, you will be greeted with respect. Our commitment to your best interest does not waver—even after your case comes to an end. Due to that fact, many former clients have become close friends.
Call Lee Law Firm, LLC today to setup an initial consultation at 1-800-996-0683 or 1-843-474-0614.
Lee Law Firm, LLC serves DUI, Domestic Violence, and criminal law clients throughout the state of South Carolina’s Lowcountry, including Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Okatie, Hardeeville, Ridgeland, Beaufort, Hampton, Allendale, and Walterboro.
We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Attorney Advertising. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision. The information you obtain in this website is not, nor is it intended to be legal advice. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice or the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. You should contact an attorney for individual advice regarding your situation. Dustin Lee, Esquire, is a licensed South Carolina attorney with a primary office on Hilton Head Island at 37 New Orleans Road, Suite V (Orleans Plaza).
Office Information: Our primary office location is 37 New Orleans Road, Suite V, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 29928. We are located in Orleans Plaza on the South End of Hilton Head Island, near the Sea Pines Circle, on the second floor. We are able to meet with clients and handle DUI, Domestic Violence (D.V.), and other state level criminal law cases throughout the state of South Carolina. Additional contact information is available on the Contact Us link on this website. Dustin Lee, Esq.
Initial Case Evaluation/Consultation for DUI, Domestic Violence, and Criminal Cases – (800) 996-0683 or 1-843-474-0614